Flora of New Brunswick (second edition) is a manual for the identification of vascular plants found in the province of New Brunswick.
In addition to providing a key to the vascular plants the manual contains:
- the translation of the generic names
- Mi'kmaq and Malaseet names of plants
- up-to-date scientific names and synonyms
- a glossary and comprehensive index
- illustrations and maps
- symbols and information about toxic and medicinal, rare and endangered plants and other plant lore
- lists of plants to look for in our neighboring state and provinces
- a tabulated breakdown of the various groups of plants
- a comprehensive bibliography
- a history of plant collecting in New Brunswick by C.M.Young
- a section contributed by Stephen Clayden, Curator of Botany at the New Brunswick Museum, on the history, physical setting and regional variation of the flora.
Publisher: University of New Brunswick
Published Date: 2000
# of Pages: 699